Liverpool vs Tottenham
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 7 May 2022
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Liverpool are close to making history now. They have made it to the Champions league final and they have also booked tickets to the FA Cup final. And with the Carabao Cup already in their kitty, all that now remains is that they make sure that they overtake Manchester City in the title race for the Premier League.
As of now they are placed second in the table, trailing a single point below defending champions and toppers- the Citizens.
However, they have a great challenge awaiting them this weekend at home. The in form Spurs, who are in search for a Champions League ticket will come visiting them, and this fixture could decide who is going to lift the trophy at the end of the campaign.
The fact that Tottenham are placed fifth in the table as of now, trailing just two points below the fourth placed Arsenal will only make this match-up even more interesting.
As these two teams lock horns with each other, expect a closely-fought encounter. And with either team spectacular in offense in the past several weeks, anticipate goals in huge numbers this weekend.
Still it needs to be understood that Liverpool have the edge after all.
Liverpool vs Tottenham Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had entered in a 2-2 draw.
- Four of the past five flashes had three or more goals.
- The previous four clashes in a row at this stadium had three or more goals.
- It’s been more than 10 years since the guests have won at this stadium.
Liverpool vs Tottenham Prediction & Analysis
The Reds registered a 0-1 win on the road the last matchday against Newcastle. And then they followed it up with a 2-3 win on the road in the second leg of Champions League semifinal against Villarreal.
They are also on a 6-game winning streak, and they had scored two or more goals in 20 of their preceding 24 appearances at home.
On the other hand, the spurs registered a 3-1 win at home the past game peak against Leicester and they had won five of their former 7 overall fixtures.
As these two lock horns with each other with clear objectives set in their minds, anticipate goals in huge numbers.
However, the kind of form Liverpool have shown this season is just out of this world and with them inching closer towards a historic quadruple, count on them to give their absolute best on the pitch this Saturday and to post three points on the board.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Reds have scored the most number of goals in the competition.
- Meanwhile the spurs have lost just once in the past two months.
- Watch PSV Eindhoven vs Monaco Live Streaming Match #PSVMON #UCL #PSVASM August 9, 2022
- Watch Marseille vs Reims Live Streaming Match #OMSDR August 7, 2022
- Watch Barcelona vs Pumas UNAM Live Streaming Match August 7, 2022
- Watch West Ham vs Manchester City Live Streaming Match #WHUMCI #EPL #PL August 7, 2022
- Watch Manchester United vs Brighton Live Streaming Match #MUNBHA #EPL #FPL #PL August 7, 2022