Lyon vs PSG
France – Ligue 1
Date: Sunday, 9 December 2022
Kick-off at 19:45 UK / 20:45 CET
Venue: Parc Olympique Lyonnais
Lyon have had a disappointing campaign so far in the season. They have only won one game in the last six outings across all competitions despite playing the likes of Reims and sharing spoils with Metz, Lille and Bordeaux in the last 4 League outings.
On the other side, PSG, are 13 points clear at the top of the Ligue 1 standings after 19 rounds of competition. Even with such a strong run, they were held to a 1-1 draw away at Lorient in their last league outing.
Both PSG an Lyon will be hoping to bounce back from disappointing draws in the previous round.
Lyon vs PSG Head-to-head (h2h)
- Inspecting their past 6 head to head matches, shows that PSG have won 4 of these games and Lyon 2.
- A combined total of 20 goals were produced between them in these games, with 12 from Les Parisiens and 8 coming from Les Gones.
- We saw three or more goals in 10 of the last 13 head to head games between these two outfits.
Lyon vs PSG Prediction
Lyon will be taking on guests PSG at Parc Olympique Lyonnais in this Ligue 1 fixture on Sunday evening.
Pochettino’s men are obviously motivated not to allow the same scenario from the previous match when they held to a draw against the relegation battler Lorient.
Les Parisiens won 14, drew 4 and lost 1 of the first 19 rounds of the season so far. They will have a chance to extend the lead on Sunday evening.
Meanwhile, Lyon had many chances to register a win and climb a couple of positions in the table. They holds the 13th position in the league table and they won’t enter this game in the highest of spirits.
PSG have registered a two-win thread on road against Lyon and will be looking to extent their unbeaten run by taking advantage of the current win-less run of Lyon in the league.
Therefore, we are envisaged to think that PSG should be able to create a good number of chances against this Lyon side who will be managing to get on the score sheet for once at least.
- Aston Villa Signs Barcelona Star, Chelsea To Offload Players This Summer May 15, 2022
- Experienced Chelsea midfielder pushing for transfer exit to a new club when transfer window opens May 15, 2022
- TUCHEL OUT: Three Tactical Managers That Could Replace Thomas Tuchel at Chelsea May 15, 2022
- Chelsea’s Strongest Lineup With The Addition Of Koulibaly, De Jong, And Harry Kane In The Summer May 15, 2022
- Three Best Players and Two Worst Players, as Liverpool Beat Chelsea On Penalties To Win the FA Cup May 15, 2022
Sports News15 hours ago
TUCHEL OUT: Three Tactical Managers That Could Replace Thomas Tuchel at Chelsea
Transfer News14 hours ago
Aston Villa Signs Barcelona Star, Chelsea To Offload Players This Summer
Sports News14 hours ago
Experienced Chelsea midfielder pushing for transfer exit to a new club when transfer window opens