Manchester City vs Watford
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 23 April 2022
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Etihad Stadium.
The Citizens are still neck-to-neck with arch-rivals at the top of the table. With just six match-days remaining, competition is getting fierce for the title, and all it is going to take is just one tiny misstep from either of these squads.
Likely, Pep Guardiola’s men will have to be on high alert. They need to make sure that they are going to treat their remaining match-ups as virtual finals.
It helps that they are at home, and are pitted against one of the worst teams in the English top flight.
Not only are Watford placed 19th in a table of 20, but they are also one of the prime contenders to get relegated at the end of the campaign. They have also let in goals in huge numbers, and most importantly, they have a worrying record on the road all through the campaign.
By the looks of things, expect a compelling win for Manchester City this weekend.
Manchester City vs Watford Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 1-3 win for the Citizens.
- They are on a 14-fixture winning streak.
- They had scored a total of 24 goals from their past five games.
- At this stadium, the hosts had registered a 8-0 win.
Manchester City vs Watford Prediction & Analysis
The Citizens recorded a 3-0 win at home the last match-day, against Brighton. They were unbeaten in 11 of their past 12 overall fixtures, and their sole loss during this stretch had come against Liverpool, in the FA Cup.
Do also note that they had won 14 of their past 17 appearances at home.
On the other hand, Watford lost 1-2 at home the past game week, against Brentford. They are on a three-fixture losing streak, and they had let in a total of seven goals in the process.
Do also note that they were winless in 19 of their past 21 fixtures, and in the process they had gone on a seven-game losing streak.
Considering these observations, expect a win for Manchester City this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- Pep’s men have scored the most number of goals in the competition, barring Liverpool.
- They have conceded the least in the league too.
- They have lost just thrice all through the campaign.
- At this stadium, they have lost just once since October.
- Watch PSV Eindhoven vs Monaco Live Streaming Match #PSVMON #UCL #PSVASM August 9, 2022
- Watch Marseille vs Reims Live Streaming Match #OMSDR August 7, 2022
- Watch Barcelona vs Pumas UNAM Live Streaming Match August 7, 2022
- Watch West Ham vs Manchester City Live Streaming Match #WHUMCI #EPL #PL August 7, 2022
- Watch Manchester United vs Brighton Live Streaming Match #MUNBHA #EPL #FPL #PL August 7, 2022