Manchester United vs Aston Villa
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 25 September 2021
Kick-off at 12:30 UK/ 13:30 CET
Venue: Old Trafford.
The Red Devils have started their new season on a great note, and seem prepared to go after the title. They have built some serious momentum, and are expected to be the favorites this weekend against the rather inconsistent Aston Villa.
So far, Ole Gunnas Solskjaer’s men have scored the most number of goals in the competition, and the addition of Cristiano Ronaldo has just added sharpness to their frontline.
The striker has already found the mark three times in the league, and will be eager to add another PL Golden Boot to his collection.
The team has so far been on a 100% winning run barring a draw against Southampton – and are placed third in the table, sharing the same number of points as that of the top-two.
However, toppers Chelsea are pitted against reigning champions Manchester City (who are placed fifth), and one of these two are surely going to drop points.
This is a great opportunity for the Devils to strengthen their hold on the podium. They do have a great h2h record against Aston, and moreover Villa have been poor on the road for quite some time.
By the looks of things, expect another win for Manchester United this Saturday at the Old Trafford.
Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 1-3 win for Solskjaer’s men.
- They had recorded wins in 13 of the past 15 meetings.
- They had scored two or more goals in 10 of the former 13 clashes.
- At this venue, the hosts had won 19 of the preceding 22 encounters.
Manchester United vs Aston Villa Prediction
The Devils had won 1-2 on the road the last match-day, against West Ham. In the meantime, Aston had won 3-0 at home against Everton.
Going on, United have lost just once this whole season, and the defeat had come in the Champions League, in a game where they were reduced to ten men (red card).
They have been on great form at home for the past several months. In fact, in the past eight-month period, they have lost just twice here – and the defeats had come against Liverpool, and Leicester.
On the other hand, their counterparts have a poor h2h record, and especially so at this venue. In addition, they had also lost three of their former five road trips, and had conceded two or more goals in all three.
Taking into account these observations, expect a win for Manchester United this Saturday.
- Wash your mouth before saying things about me, Everton – Richarlison slams Carragher May 20, 2022
- Chelsea told to sign Harry Kane-esque striker in swap deal with Romelu Lukaku May 20, 2022
- Five Players Chelsea Need To Sign In The Summer In Order To Win EPL Next Season May 20, 2022
- What Rudiger Said About N’golo Kante In His Goodbye Message May 20, 2022
- Watch Chelsea vs Leicester Live Streaming Match #PL #CHELEI May 19, 2022
Sports News15 hours ago
What Rudiger Said About N’golo Kante In His Goodbye Message
Sports News15 hours ago
Five Players Chelsea Need To Sign In The Summer In Order To Win EPL Next Season
Transfer News8 hours ago
Chelsea told to sign Harry Kane-esque striker in swap deal with Romelu Lukaku
Sports News8 hours ago
Wash your mouth before saying things about me, Everton – Richarlison slams Carragher