Manchester United vs Aston Villa
England – FA Cup
Date: Monday, 10 January 2022
Kick-off at 19:55 UK / 20:55 CET
Venue: Old Trafford.
The 12 time FA Cup winners are set to take on Aston Villa who have won it last time at 1993-34 marking a start in the FA Cup campaign. The Villans are set to take on a road trip to enroll in the oldest national football competition in the world this Monday which is been scheduled at the “Theatre of Dreams”.
Manchester United vs Aston Villa Head-to-head
- Last 5 h2h meetings saw Manchester United with 3 wins while Aston Villa won twice.
- Those meetings witnessed 12 goals in total, averaging out to 2.4 goals per game.
- They last met on September, at the Premier League where Aston Villa by 1-0 at Old Trafford.
- Their last FA Cup meeting was at 2008, where Manchester United won by 2 goals to nil.
- Apart from EPL, they met at the EFL Cup Final in 2010 where Man United won by 2-1.
Manchester United vs Aston Villa Prediction
The Red Devils will be wanting a better result here following the 0-1 Premier League defeat in their last game at the hands of Wolverhampton Wanderers. Over the course of their previous 6 games, Man United have scored 7 goals while conceding a sum of 4.
Their last FA Cup campaign came to an end by getting defeated by Leicester City by 1-3 whom snatched the title last year. But they came close enough by defeating Liverpool and West Ham United in the Knockouts.
The Villa on the other hand are on back to back losses in the league against Chelsea on the boxing day at 1-3 and later on to Brentford by 1-2 in the opening match of this year. They have been struggling at the back, having scored against in 5 of their last 6 games, conceding 9 goals in all.
Aston Villa’s FA Cup run last year was pathetic as they lost to the second tier Fulham by 1-2 followed by Liverpool’s hammering by 1-4 which made them to exit with no option.
Signing quality players, bringing on a new manager, changing formations haven’t helped Manchester United much as they are in a terrible position and are considered as one of the inconsistent teams in Europe. On the other hand, Steven Gerrard’s men has been a bit sloppy and untrustworthy as of recent.
We envisage a home win this Monday, as the Red Devils has the quality to defeat the trembling visitors especially when having Cristiano Ronaldo who can score even at the dying moments of the game and can change the atmosphere, as proven numerous times since his comeback at the Old Trafford
- DONE DEAL: Crystal Palace Interested In Van De Beek, Inter Milan Signed Gosens January 26, 2022
- Chelsea Transfer News: Chelsea Reach Final Agreement For Bundesliga Star January 26, 2022
- Chelsea’s Next 12 PL Games And Why They Might Still Win The PL Title This Season January 26, 2022
- Watch Mali vs Equatorial Guinea Live Streaming Match #TeamMali 🆚 #TeamEquatorialGuinea #TotalEnergiesAFCON2021 | #AFCON2021 | #MLIGNQ January 26, 2022
- Watch Ivory Coast vs Egypt Live Streaming Match #TeamEgypt #AFCON2021 #TeamCotedIvoire #CIVEGY January 26, 2022
Sports News18 hours ago
OFFICIAL: Another Top English Club Sacks Manager After Run Of Poor Results, Latest Transfer Updates
Sports News11 hours ago
BREAKING; Star Player Undergoes Medicals Ahead Of Move, Latest On Transfer Done Deals
Live Streaming11 hours ago
Watch Ivory Coast vs Egypt Live Streaming Match #TeamEgypt #AFCON2021 #TeamCotedIvoire #CIVEGY
Live Streaming8 hours ago
Watch Mali vs Equatorial Guinea Live Streaming Match #TeamMali 🆚 #TeamEquatorialGuinea #TotalEnergiesAFCON2021 | #AFCON2021 | #MLIGNQ
Sports News7 hours ago
Chelsea’s Next 12 PL Games And Why They Might Still Win The PL Title This Season
Transfer News6 hours ago
Chelsea Transfer News: Chelsea Reach Final Agreement For Bundesliga Star
Sports News6 hours ago
DONE DEAL: Crystal Palace Interested In Van De Beek, Inter Milan Signed Gosens