Manchester United vs Aston Villa
England – Premier League
Date: Friday, 1 January 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Old Trafford.
These two are amongst the best in the whole competition, and are also the most consistent. The Red Devils are placed fourth in the table, with a total of 27 points against their name, while their counterparts are placed just below – lagging by a single point.
Suffice it to say that that the winner of this upcoming encounter will have a good lead in the top-most tier as the second phase of the season begins.
Moreover, the sixth-placed Chelsea, and the eighth-placed Manchester City are taking on each other this game week, and note that both teams have 26 points.
Since one of these two will be dropping points for sure, a win at the Old Trafford will be doubly beneficial for whoever wins between the Devils or the Lions.
As such, a fierce clash is surely on the cards. And considering the recent form of either squad, expect goals in plenty as well this weekend at the Theatre of Dreams.
Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Four of the previous seven games had goals from both teams, and the latest two official clashes had three or more goals as well.
- The latest match-up had ended in a 0-3 win for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s men on the road.
- The hosts had scored two or more goals in ten of the preceding twelve match-ups at this venue.
- At this ground, the latest clash had ended in a 2-2 draw.
Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Prediction
Solskjaer’s men were held to a 2-2 draw the last game week on the road, by Leicester. In the meantime, Dean Smith’s men recorded a 1-1 draw on the road against Chelsea.
Going on, the Devils are on an unbeaten run in the league for the past two months, and have scored a total of 13 goals from the preceding four games alone. And at home, they had scored a total of six goals in their latest appearance.
Meanwhile, their counterparts are on a five-fixture unbeaten run, and had scored three or more goals in two of the former three match-ups. They had also won seven of their last nine road trips, and had scored three or more goals in five of their past nine such fixtures.
Considering these stats, it’s obvious that either team are in superb form, and especially on the scoring front. As such, anticipate a high-scoring thriller this weekend at the Old Trafford.
Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Betting Tips
Both Teams to Score @ 1.60 (3/5)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 1.60
- Wash your mouth before saying things about me, Everton – Richarlison slams Carragher May 20, 2022
- Chelsea told to sign Harry Kane-esque striker in swap deal with Romelu Lukaku May 20, 2022
- Five Players Chelsea Need To Sign In The Summer In Order To Win EPL Next Season May 20, 2022
- What Rudiger Said About N’golo Kante In His Goodbye Message May 20, 2022
- Watch Chelsea vs Leicester Live Streaming Match #PL #CHELEI May 19, 2022
Sports News14 hours ago
What Rudiger Said About N’golo Kante In His Goodbye Message
Sports News14 hours ago
Five Players Chelsea Need To Sign In The Summer In Order To Win EPL Next Season
Transfer News7 hours ago
Chelsea told to sign Harry Kane-esque striker in swap deal with Romelu Lukaku
Sports News7 hours ago
Wash your mouth before saying things about me, Everton – Richarlison slams Carragher