Manchester United vs Crystal Palace
England – Premier League
Date: Sunday, 5 December 2021
Kick-off at 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET
Venue: Old Trafford.
For the first time ever, the Red Devils will line up under the legendary Ralf Rangnick, and expectations will be sky high. And since it is at the Old Trafford, a win is a must for the team – or else fans just might lose it.
The feeling is that Devils might have gotten themselves the perfect opponent this weekend. Not only are Crystal Palace going through a dismal run, but they have been a mess on the road for quite a while, and they also have a poor h2h record against this foe.
By the looks of things, expect a hard-fought and much-needed win for Manchester United.
Manchester United vs Crystal Palace Head-to-head (h2h)
- Five of the last eight clashes had three or more goals.
- The visitors had scored two or more goals in the last two encounters at this venue.
- The latest match-up at this venue had ended in a 1-3 win for the guests.
- Since 1989, only once have the hosts failed to score at this ground.
Manchester United vs Crystal Palace Prediction & Analysis
In spite of all their problems, United showed fighting spirit in recording a 1-1 draw at the Stamford Bridge the last match-day, against Chelsea.
Their confidence will be at a high after the arrival of Rangnick, and players will be eager to get the fans back in their corner with a great performance.
And honestly, Palace have been one of the worst teams in the competition this season – save for one or two good games once in a while.
In fact, they were winless in 12 of the former 15 overall games, and they have a total of four wins on the road in 2021. On top of that, they also have an inferior h2h record against this foe over the years.
Considering these observations, expect a win for Manchester United at the Old Trafford.
However, considering the defensive weaknesses on either side, expect a high-scoring affair as well.
Key Stats for Betting
- Palace have a total of just three wins this whole season, and they have won just once on the road in this edition of the PL.
- They had conceded two or more goals in four of the former six road trips, and of their total four wins on the road in 2021, two had come against Newcastle (placed 20th in the table), and Sheffield United (currently in Championship).
- Meanwhile, not once have the Devils kept a clean sheet at home this season.
- They had let in a total of nine goals from the last three appearances at home.
- DONE DEAL: Crystal Palace Interested In Van De Beek, Inter Milan Signed Gosens January 26, 2022
- Chelsea Transfer News: Chelsea Reach Final Agreement For Bundesliga Star January 26, 2022
- Chelsea’s Next 12 PL Games And Why They Might Still Win The PL Title This Season January 26, 2022
- Watch Mali vs Equatorial Guinea Live Streaming Match #TeamMali 🆚 #TeamEquatorialGuinea #TotalEnergiesAFCON2021 | #AFCON2021 | #MLIGNQ January 26, 2022
- Watch Ivory Coast vs Egypt Live Streaming Match #TeamEgypt #AFCON2021 #TeamCotedIvoire #CIVEGY January 26, 2022
Sports News18 hours ago
OFFICIAL: Another Top English Club Sacks Manager After Run Of Poor Results, Latest Transfer Updates
Sports News11 hours ago
BREAKING; Star Player Undergoes Medicals Ahead Of Move, Latest On Transfer Done Deals
Live Streaming11 hours ago
Watch Ivory Coast vs Egypt Live Streaming Match #TeamEgypt #AFCON2021 #TeamCotedIvoire #CIVEGY
Live Streaming8 hours ago
Watch Mali vs Equatorial Guinea Live Streaming Match #TeamMali 🆚 #TeamEquatorialGuinea #TotalEnergiesAFCON2021 | #AFCON2021 | #MLIGNQ
Sports News7 hours ago
Chelsea’s Next 12 PL Games And Why They Might Still Win The PL Title This Season
Transfer News7 hours ago
Chelsea Transfer News: Chelsea Reach Final Agreement For Bundesliga Star
Sports News7 hours ago
DONE DEAL: Crystal Palace Interested In Van De Beek, Inter Milan Signed Gosens