Manchester United vs Roma
UEFA Europa League
Date: Thursday, 29 April 2021
Kick-Off at 20.00 UK
Venue: Old Trafford.
Manchester United have only two more hurdles to jump over en route to repeating the 2016/17 success when they won UEFA Europa League for the first time in history.
The Red Devils will play host to Roma in the first leg of the semifinal tie on Thursday evening at the Old Trafford.
It should be a thrilling encounter on paper, but the reality is somewhat different as the hosts come into the tie as heavy favourites both on the evening and over two legs.
Manchester United left a much better impression so far in the season than their counterparts.
Ole-Gunnar Solskjaer’s men are on the best way to finish the Premier League campaign as runners-up to Manchester City.
While it is by no means a significant achievement, it is still a massive upgrade from the team’s results in the last several seasons.
Manchester United vs Roma Head-to-head
- The head to head stats also fancy Manchester United in this tie. The Red Devils won five, drew one, and lost one of seven previous meetings with the Romans.
- The two sides played each other in UEFA Champions League quarterfinal back in 2008 when the Red Devils advanced 3-0 on aggregate.
- None of the last four competitive head to head affairs saw three or more goals scored.
Manchester United vs Roma Prediction
Roma have had a dreadful campaign in their domestic league. They failed to pick up even a single victory against the top-six teams in Serie A so far in the season.
They took just one point from the last three league outings. The latest failure came on Sunday when Paulo Fonseca’s troops fell 3-2 away at Cagliari.
Winning UEFA Europa League is their only possible route to the elite continental competition next season.
Manchester United ended a five-win streak across competitions on Sunday afternoon when they played a goalless draw at Leeds United.
Solskjaer can be thrilled with his side’s defensive displays of late as the Red Devils conceded only two goals in the last five matches in all competitions.
The home win is a banker bet at the odds of 1.53, but we will be brave enough and back the hosts to win by at least two goals difference at the 2.45 odds.
- Download Barcelona 2022-23 Dream League Soccer Kits [Home, Away, Third] June 29, 2022
- Download Liverpool 2022-23 Dream League Soccer Kits [DLS Kits & Logo] June 29, 2022
- Download Arsenal FC Dream League Soccer Kits 2022-23 [DLS Kits & Logo] June 29, 2022
- Download Real Madrid 2022-23 Dream League Soccer Kits June 29, 2022
- Chelsea FC reach full agreement to sign Brazilian star Raphinha for £60/£65million from Leeds United June 29, 2022
Sports News20 hours ago
“He has to go to Chelsea” – Blues defender urges club to sign star, transfer would be ‘for the best
Sports News8 hours ago
PSG puts Neymar up for sale as Neymar father asks for 200 million Salary to be Paid
Gaming7 hours ago
Download Real Madrid 2022-23 Dream League Soccer Kits
Gaming7 hours ago
Download Arsenal FC Dream League Soccer Kits 2022-23 [DLS Kits & Logo]
Transfer News19 hours ago
Chelsea Transfer: Thiago Silva welcomes Neymar to Chelsea
Transfer News7 hours ago
Chelsea FC reach full agreement to sign Brazilian star Raphinha for £60/£65million from Leeds United
Gaming7 hours ago
Download Liverpool 2022-23 Dream League Soccer Kits [DLS Kits & Logo]
Gaming6 hours ago
Download Barcelona 2022-23 Dream League Soccer Kits [Home, Away, Third]