Manchester United vs Wolves
England – Premier League
Date: Tuesday, 29 December 2020
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Old Trafford.
The Red Devils are one of the best and most consistent teams in the PL at the moment. Despite having a game in hand, they are placed fourth in the table, and they also need a surplus of just two points to climb to the second spot in standings.
Moreover, the second-placed Everton are pitted against Manchester City this game week, and this presents an opportunity for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s men to get into one of the podium positions.
Meanwhile, the Wanderers are going through a dismal run at the moment. Wins come seldom for the team, and on the road, they have been on an even more worrying run.
Going on, the Devils have a good h2h record against this rival, and particularly so at the Old Trafford.
Likely, expect Manchester United to have the edge this Tuesday at home.
Manchester United vs Wolves: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Solskjaer’s men recorded nine of the previous twelve overall wins.
- They have kept clean sheets in the past three match-ups.
- At this venue, the hosts have a 100% unbeaten record in the past two decades.
- In fact, barring two draws, the hosts have a 100% winning record at this venue since 2000.
Manchester United vs Wolves: Prediction
The Devils were held to a 2-2 draw the last match-day on the road, by Leicester. In the meantime, Nuno Espirito Santo’s men were held to a 1-1 draw at home, by Tottenham.
Going on, Solskjaer’s men were unbeaten in 17 of their preceding 22 overall games, and of the five losses during this stretch, only two had come in the PL (with the remaining three coming in the Champions League).
And note that the two league losses had come against Arsenal and Tottenham.
Going on, at home, they remained invincible in 17 of their past 21 appearances as well.
On the other hand, their counterparts were unbeaten in seven of their preceding ten games, and had lost six of their previous ten road trips.
And most importantly, the Devils had registered nine of the former twelve overall h2h wins, and at this venue not once have they lost in the past two decades.
Impressively, they even have a 100% winning record in h2h encounters at this venue since 2000 disregarding just two draws.
Taking these observations into account, expect Manchester United to win this upcoming match-up comprehensively.
Manchester United vs Wolves: Betting Tips
To Win: Manchester United @ 1.60 (3/5)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by Manchester United @ 1.67 (2/3).
- Downhill Domination Mobile – Download Downhill Domination Android APK & iOS February 5, 2023
- Tentacle Locker 2 Mobile – Play Tentacle Locker 2 Android APK & iOS February 5, 2023
- Football Manager 2023 Mobile Download Android APK & IOS February 5, 2023
- Transfer News: Done Deals, Fernandez undergoing Chelsea medical, Arsenal star to join PL side January 31, 2023
- Graham Potter must change Chelsea tune as defeatist attitude strikes wrong chord with fans January 14, 2023