Marseille vs Brest
France – Ligue 1
Date: Saturday 4th December 2021
Kick off at 16:00 UK/ 17:00 CET
Venue: Stade Velodrome.
Ligue 1 kicks off this weekend with an intriguing tie as Marseille will want to make light work of Brest when they play them at home.
Marseille are in 2nd place but the catch is they are 12 points behind league leaders PSG. Form is good though and the club have won their last two in a row and have really found the right tactics now that work for them.
Marseille’s last game finished in a 1-0 victory Nantes away from home and their last home game ended in another narrow victory, a 1-0 win against Troyes. The club were able to make 2 points up on runaway leaders PSG in midweek.
Brest come into this game in 11th place and their form has been stunning as they have won their last 5 games in a row. They have the best form in the league and their last game finished in a 1-0 win over Saint Etienne.
In their recent fantastic form they have had to beat some quality teams too and that includes Monaco. On the road Brest have won just 2 games from 8 played but those two victories have come in their last two games and they are unbeaten in their last 3 away from home.
Marseille vs Brest: Head to Head
- Last season Marseille ran out 3-1 winners.
- Marseille have won the last 5 meetings in a row.
- The last 3 meetings have all seen over 2.5 goals.
- Brest have not beaten Marseille in 9 years.
Marseille vs Brest: Prediction
Marseille are the odds on favourites to win and their price of 1.57 may not suit everyone. Marseille have a great record over Brest though but the one worry will be Brest’s great form recently.
If Marseille are to win this game they are going to need more than 1 goal and they are not scoring many lately. We think this will be a entertaining game to watch with plenty of chances for both sides, so it is worth also backing both teams to score.
Dimitri Payet is worth keeping an eye on to get on the score sheet and his price is great value given that his side are at home, so we will back him to score also.
- DONE DEAL: Crystal Palace Interested In Van De Beek, Inter Milan Signed Gosens January 26, 2022
- Chelsea Transfer News: Chelsea Reach Final Agreement For Bundesliga Star January 26, 2022
- Chelsea’s Next 12 PL Games And Why They Might Still Win The PL Title This Season January 26, 2022
- Watch Mali vs Equatorial Guinea Live Streaming Match #TeamMali 🆚 #TeamEquatorialGuinea #TotalEnergiesAFCON2021 | #AFCON2021 | #MLIGNQ January 26, 2022
- Watch Ivory Coast vs Egypt Live Streaming Match #TeamEgypt #AFCON2021 #TeamCotedIvoire #CIVEGY January 26, 2022
Sports News17 hours ago
OFFICIAL: Another Top English Club Sacks Manager After Run Of Poor Results, Latest Transfer Updates
Sports News9 hours ago
BREAKING; Star Player Undergoes Medicals Ahead Of Move, Latest On Transfer Done Deals
Live Streaming9 hours ago
Watch Ivory Coast vs Egypt Live Streaming Match #TeamEgypt #AFCON2021 #TeamCotedIvoire #CIVEGY
Live Streaming6 hours ago
Watch Mali vs Equatorial Guinea Live Streaming Match #TeamMali 🆚 #TeamEquatorialGuinea #TotalEnergiesAFCON2021 | #AFCON2021 | #MLIGNQ
Sports News6 hours ago
Chelsea’s Next 12 PL Games And Why They Might Still Win The PL Title This Season
Transfer News5 hours ago
Chelsea Transfer News: Chelsea Reach Final Agreement For Bundesliga Star
Sports News5 hours ago
DONE DEAL: Crystal Palace Interested In Van De Beek, Inter Milan Signed Gosens