Montpellier vs PSG
France – Ligue 1
Date: Saturday, 14 May 2022
Kick-off at 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET
Venue: Stade de la Mosson.
Paris Saint-Germain’s stroll to the finish line in Ligue 1 continues with Montpellier hosting them at Stade de la Mosson this Saturday for the second last game of the season.
PSG has been already qualified for the Champions League and have a 12-point lead at the top and its only a matter of time to hand over them the league title. They have 80 points from 36 games of which they won 24 times and lost only on 4 other occasions. They have the highest scoring figures this season with 81 in total.
In the game prior to this, PSG drew 2-2 in the Ligue 1 tie with ESTAC. The only question left now is how many points Les Parisiens will accumulate before the curtain closes on the campaign. They have been effective going forward as of late, scoring 17 goals in their previous 6 matches.
On the other hand, Montpellier is at the 13th position on the table with 43 points. Of the 36 matches played, they won 12 times while drew on 7 and having lost on 17 other occasions. The home side doesn’t have anything to fight for as they won’t be getting a European spot nor they would fall into relegation at this point.
Montpellier will be wanting a better result here after the 2-1 league defeat last time out to Clermont Foot. They have seen their defense breached in 5 of their previous 6 games, giving up 13 goals during that time.
Montpellier vs PSG Head-to-head (h2h)
- PSG won the last 6 h2hs in a row score at least twice on each.
- Last time Montpellier won over this foe was 3 years back.
- The reverse fixture on last September saw a 2-0 win in favour of Les Parisiens.
Montpellier vs PSG Prediction
PSG are undefeated in their previous 3 league matches away from home. They have also won the last 6h2h encounters against this rival. The away side remain as the second best on-road team after Marseille this season.
Meanwhile, Montpellier are without a win at home since the past 6 league games. They have also lost the last 3 h2hs played at home against this away side.
Knowing that, we expect PSG to seal a win this Saturday
- Aston Villa Signs Barcelona Star, Chelsea To Offload Players This Summer May 15, 2022
- Experienced Chelsea midfielder pushing for transfer exit to a new club when transfer window opens May 15, 2022
- TUCHEL OUT: Three Tactical Managers That Could Replace Thomas Tuchel at Chelsea May 15, 2022
- Chelsea’s Strongest Lineup With The Addition Of Koulibaly, De Jong, And Harry Kane In The Summer May 15, 2022
- Three Best Players and Two Worst Players, as Liverpool Beat Chelsea On Penalties To Win the FA Cup May 15, 2022
Sports News11 hours ago
FA Cup: What Tuchel Told His Players After Losing Another Domestic Final To Liverpool This Season
Sports News35 mins ago
TUCHEL OUT: Three Tactical Managers That Could Replace Thomas Tuchel at Chelsea
Sports News11 hours ago
Three Best Players and Two Worst Players, as Liverpool Beat Chelsea On Penalties To Win the FA Cup
Transfer News11 hours ago
Chelsea’s Strongest Lineup With The Addition Of Koulibaly, De Jong, And Harry Kane In The Summer
Transfer News14 mins ago
Aston Villa Signs Barcelona Star, Chelsea To Offload Players This Summer
Sports News17 mins ago
Experienced Chelsea midfielder pushing for transfer exit to a new club when transfer window opens