Watch Newcastle vs Chelsea Live Streaming Match online For Free TV Channel #NEWCHE
NEWCASTLE VS CHELSEA:
Chelsea currently sit fifth in the Premier League after eight games, three points behind early leaders Leicester City. But victory over Newcastle will send the Blues top, owing to a better goal difference, thanks in part to having the best attack in the league and one of its better defences.
Frank Lampard’s side are in good form in the Premier League, unbeaten in their past six games since losing to Liverpool, including back-to-back wins against Burnley and Sheffield United prior to the international.
For their hosts, the season has been a bit more inconsistent. Steve Bruce’s side have won three, drawn two and lost three of their eight games so far, including defeat to Southampton last time out.
But they will be quick to remind Chelsea of their 1-0 win in this fixture last season, with St James’ Park historically proving a tough trip for the Blues, despite a recent upturn in form.
Newcastle XI: Darlow, Manquillo, Fernandez, Lascelles, Clark, Lewis, Murphy, Hayden, Sean Longstaff, Saint-Maximin, Joelinton
Subs: Schar, Carroll, Shelvey, Hendrick, Krafth, Almiron, Gillespie
Chelsea XI: Mendy, James, Zouma, Rudiger, Chilwell, Kante, Kovacic, Mount, Ziyech, Abraham, Werner
Subs: Kepa, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Jorginho, Emerson, Hudson-Odoi, Giroud
NEWCASTLE VS CHELSEA: MATCH STATS
- Newcastle have lost just one of their last seven Premier League home games against Chelsea (W5 D1), winning this exact fixture last season courtesy of Isaac Hayden’s 90th minute strike.
- Chelsea have won five of their last seven Premier League meetings with Newcastle (L2), though the Blues have only managed to keep one clean sheet in this run – a 1-0 win at Stamford Bridge last season.
- Newcastle have won two of their last three Premier League home games (L1), as many as they had in their previous 11 at St James’ Park (W2 D4 L5). The Magpies are looking to pick up consecutive home league wins for the first time since December 2019.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in six Premier League games (W3 D3), with only Spurs on a longer current such run in the competition (7). The Blues have netted at least three goals in five of those six games, failing to score in the other.
- No side has had fewer shots in the Premier League this season than Newcastle (64). However, the Magpies have scored 10 goals, giving them a shot conversion rate of 15.6% – their highest on record in a single top-flight campaign (since 1997-98).
- Chelsea have had more 10+ open play passing sequences (157) and more build up attacks (29), than any other side in the Premier League this season.
- Chelsea are the highest scorers in the Premier League so far this season with 20 goals. The Blues have also netted a league-high 14 goals in the second half of matches, while Newcastle have scored the highest ratio of their Premier League goals after half-time this season (80% – 8/10).
- Chelsea’s Timo Werner has been involved in nine goals in his last seven appearances in all competitions (7 goals, 2 assists), scoring in each of his last four. The last player to score in five consecutive appearances for Chelsea was Didier Drogba in November 2009.
- Chelsea’s Timo Werner could become just the fourth different German player to score in three consecutive Premier League matches, after Jürgen Klinsmann (3 runs), Dietmar Hamann (March 1999) and Leroy Sané (October 2017).
- In the two Premier League games in which he’s started, Hakim Ziyech has been involved in 57% of Chelsea’s seven Premier League goals, scoring once and providing three assists.
Chelsea’s defence was one of their biggest problems last season but the Blues have stepped up, conceding 10 goals so far this season, most of which came early on. Across all competitions, Chelsea have conceded just one goal in their past six games, with David McGoldrick ending their run prior to the international break.
The Blues are the Premier League’s top scorers with 20 goals so far this season, and they appear to be slow starters. Fourteen of their 20 goals have come in the second half, as they eventually wear their opponents down to take the points.
NEWCASTLE VS CHELSEA: HEAD-TO-HEAD
18 January 2020: Newcastle 1-0 Chelsea (Premier League)
19 October 2019: Chelsea 1-0 Newcastle (Premier League)
12 January 2019: Chelsea 2-1 Newcastle (Premier League)
26 August 2018: Newcastle 1-2 Chelsea (Premier League)
13 May 2018: Newcastle 3-0 Chelsea (Premier League)
Although Chelsea do have a good record against Newcastle winning 74 overall, in recent times their trips to St James’ Park haven’t been good.
- Paris Saint-Germain Dream League Soccer Kits 2023 Original PSG (DLS 23 Kits) February 13, 2023
- Dream League Soccer 2023 Apk v10.110 (DLS 23 Download Android & iOS) February 13, 2023
- Download FIFA 23 Mod Apk Obb Data (FIFA Mobile 2023) February 12, 2023
- Downhill Domination Mobile – Download Downhill Domination Android APK & iOS February 5, 2023
- Tentacle Locker 2 Mobile – Play Tentacle Locker 2 Android APK & iOS February 5, 2023