Newcastle vs Leeds United
England – Premier League
Date: Tuesday, 26 January 2021
Kick-off at 18:00 UK/ 19:00 CET
Venue: St. James’ Park.
The Magpies are going through one of the worst runs of any team in the whole competition. In fact, they are one of the four teams in the league to stay winless in the past five match-days, and the only one to have lost the past four such fixtures.
They have been conceding goals in plenty all through these games, and are currently placed just a single spot above the relegation cut-off.
Meanwhile, the Peacocks are continuing their inconsistent run. They still are getting accustomed to this new setting after getting promoted just at the end of the last season.
However, it needs to be noted that their struggles have mainly come against some of the best teams in the PL, and almost all of their match-ups against bottom-tier and struggling squads have ended in fabulous results.
Going on, Marcelo Bielsa’s men had also recorded a massive win in the reverse fixture – that occurred just the last month.
Likely, expect Leeds to emerge victorious this Tuesday.
Newcastle vs Leeds: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The last time these two met on the pitch, the Peacocks recorded a 5-2 win.
- They are unbeaten against this rival since 2016.
- Since 2002, only once have the hosts scored two or more goals at this venue.
- The latest clash at this ground had ended in a 1-1 draw.
Newcastle vs Leeds Prediction
Steve Bruce’s men lost 2-0 on the road the last match-day, against Aston Villa. In the meantime, Bielsa’s men lost 0-1 at home against Brighton.
Going on, the Magpies are on a five-fixture losing run, and they are winless in the former ten straight match-ups. They have also failed to score in seven of the preceding eight games, and had conceded two or more goals in four of the previous five matches.
On the other hand, their counterparts had recorded a 5-2 win in the latest h2h meeting, and had registered a 0-5 win on the road against West Brom (a struggling team just like Bruce’s men) just at end of December.
Moreover, the Peacocks are desperate to post some points on the board, as they have recently found it hard to perform well against in-form and top-tier teams.
The Magpies seem like a perfect candidate to register a confidence-boosting victory against.
- Downhill Domination Mobile – Download Downhill Domination Android APK & iOS February 5, 2023
- Tentacle Locker 2 Mobile – Play Tentacle Locker 2 Android APK & iOS February 5, 2023
- Football Manager 2023 Mobile Download Android APK & IOS February 5, 2023
- Transfer News: Done Deals, Fernandez undergoing Chelsea medical, Arsenal star to join PL side January 31, 2023
- Graham Potter must change Chelsea tune as defeatist attitude strikes wrong chord with fans January 14, 2023