Paris Saint-Germain vs Metz
French Ligue 1
Date: 21 May 2022, Saturday
Kick-off at 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET
Venue: Parc des Princes (Paris).
The record-equaling ten-time Ligue 1 champions PSG will host relegation-threatened Metz on the final day of the season on Saturday evening at Parc des Princes.
The match has a much greater importance for the visitors who are hoping to pick up salvation points and keep the relegation playoffs spot.
Metz celebrated back-to-back huge wins over Lyon and Angers in the previous two rounds and have taken over Saint-Etienne in the battle for the 18th position in the league standings.
The bottom two teams (19th and 20th) will be automatically relegated, while the third from bottom (currently Metz) will play in the relegation playoffs.
Nonetheless, although the motivation factor will be heavily on Metz’s side, everything else is on PSG’s.
To make things worse for the visitors, PSG’s talisman Kylian Mbappe is chasing the Golden Boot award as he is now only a single goal above Monaco’s Wissam Ben Yedder in the list of the competition’s top scorers.
Also, this could easily be Mbappe’s farewell from Parc des Princes as the young French striker has been tied with a Real Madrid move for quite a while now.
Last but not least, Lionel Messi finally looked sharp last weekend in the 0-4 drubbing of Montpellier on the road. The Argentine superstar bagged a brace on the occasion, both goals coming after Mbappe’s assists.
Paris Saint-Germain vs Metz Head-to-head
- Metz have never been a serious opposition for Paris Saint-Germain, especially in the last decade.
- PSG will thus come into this on the back of twelve consecutive victories in the clashes against Metz.
- The streak includes the 1-2 victory for Les Parisiens in the first half of the season at Stade Saint-Symphorien.
Paris Saint-Germain vs Metz Prediction
The gulf in quality between these two sides is enormous. Regardless of the motivation factor, we can hardly see a scenario in which Metz could even cause any kind of problems to the ten-time champions here.
We will thus back Paris Saint-Germain to win by three or more goals difference in the last game of the season at the odds of 2.05. You can also try with the Golden Boot chaser Kylian Mbappe to score two or more goals on his farewell (likely) from Parc des Princes
- Chelsea Transfer: Thiago Silva welcomes Neymar to Chelsea June 28, 2022
- “He has to go to Chelsea” – Blues defender urges club to sign star, transfer would be ‘for the best June 28, 2022
- Big Blow to Chelsea as Ousmané Dembélé has decided to renew his contract with Barcelona. June 27, 2022
- DONE DEAL: Gabriel Jesus to Arsenal announcement date ‘revealed June 26, 2022
- Chelsea Confirm 1st Summer Signing, Blues Agree Terms With €60M Star, Rice, Ronaldo June 26, 2022