PSG vs Brest
France – Ligue 1
Date: Saturday 9th January 2021
Kick off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Parc des Princes.
Mauricio Pochettino’s debut game in charge of PSG saw a draw at Saint Etienne and it wasn’t the best start to his new career. However because Lille lost it means that PSG went to 2nd with 36 points on goal difference.
PSG come into this game just 3 points behind league leaders Lyon. This will be Pochettino’s first game in charge at home and will mean a lot and he will be expecting his team to produce the goods.
PSG will be huge odds on to win and in Paris the champions have the 3rd best home record in the league and have won 6 from the 9 games played. They have lost twice at home but have won their last 2 games, their last game ended in a 4-0 win over Strasbourg.
Brest are in 10th and will be happy with their season so far. They ended a 3 game streak without a win by beating Nice 2-0 in midweek. A surprise win at the weekend could see them climb into the top 10 depending on other results.
On the road Brest has the 3rd to worst record though, they have lost six game from nine and are almost shipping 2 goals per game. They have earned just seven away from home.
PSG vs Brest Head to Head
- The clubs have not played this fixture since 2013 when PSG won 3-1.
- PSG have scored 8 goals past Brest in the last 3 league meetings.
- PSG have won the last six meetings in a row.
PSG vs Brest Prediction
Pochettino’s first game at home and the fact that PSG could make roads into Lyon’s lead you don’t need more motivation than that to see a PSG victory at the weekend.
PSG will be huge odds on so we will need to look into different markets. It may be worth backing both teams to score as PSG have looked a little leaky recently but this should be an easy victory and comfortable victory for the home side.
These two teams are simply on different levels and whilst Brest are a good side at home they have really been poor on the road this season.
PSG vs Brest Betting Tips
PSG to score 3+ goals at 1.67 (4/6)
Both teams to score at 1.91 (10/11)
Anytime goalscorer: Moise Kean of PSG at 1.80 (4/5).
- Arsenal Reach Verbal Agreement With Manchester City, Set To Sign Gabriel Jesus For £45 Million June 24, 2022
- Roca, Fabio & 14 Other Players Who’ve Completed Transfers & Will Compete In The 2022/23 EPL Season June 24, 2022
- 16 Done Deal that have been completed by premier league clubs so far in the transfer window. June 23, 2022
- Transfer News: Chelsea completes official deal, player completes medicals ahead of move. June 23, 2022
- Chelsea striker targets – latest transfer odds: Bookies reveal full list of forwards who could replace Romelu Lukaku June 22, 2022