PSG welcome Lorient to the Parc des Princes for a Ligue 1 showdown on Wednesday at 8pm (UK time).
The Parisians fell to their fourth defeat of the domestic campaign on Sunday as 10-man Lyon ran out 1-0 victors in the capital. That defeat has left Thomas Tuchel’s side third in the table, but they will be aiming to bounce back in style when they play host to strugglers Lorient in midweek.
Where to watch PSG vs Lorient on TV:
- UK: BT Sport 2
- US: Fanatiz
Where to live stream PSG vs Lorient:
PSG vs Lorient build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
In an early battle at the summit PSG were unable to navigate past a tricky Lyon tie at the weekend, with Rudi Garcia executing a tactical masterclass in the capital and leapfrogging the Parisian heavyweights into second place. Tuchel could do with a response on Wednesday, which is not good news for Lorient.
The Brittany-based club won 3-0 at the weekend but remain in precarious territory, with the newly-promoted club hovering just outside the relegation zone on goal difference and knowing they could plummet back into the drop zone if results go against them in midweek.
- PSG (vs Lyon): Navas; Diallo*, Pereira, Kimpembe; Florenzi, Di Maria, Paredes, Verratti, Bakker; Kean, Neymar*.
- Lorient (vs Nimes): Nardi; Delaplace, Gravillon, Morel, Le Goff; Chalobah, Lemoine, Abergel; Lauriente, Hamel, Boisgard.
PSG feared the worst when Neymar went off injured in the defeat to Lyon, but the initial assessment has yielded a positive result, though the extent of the Brazilian’s ankle complication is yet to be disclosed. He will definitely miss Wednesday’s action, though.
Elsewhere Marquinhos remains sidelined, as do Julian Draxler, Mauro Icardi and Pablo Sarabia, while Abdou Diallo also picked up an injury in the Lyon loss and is not expected back until the New Year.
Player to watch: Trevoh Chalobah (Lorient)
Among the star-spangled talent that will be on offer in blue and red on Wednesday, Lorient will look to quell Tuchel’s expensive armoury through hard work and grit. One player who could have a huge say in how much freedom the Parisians get in the middle of the park is Chelsea loanee Trevoh Chalobah.
A product of the Blues academy and part of the infamous Chelsea loan system, Chalobah, brother of Watford midfielder, Nathaniel, has spent the past two seasons on loan in the Championship with Ipswich and Huddersfield Town, but is now testing his ability in top-flight football.
The England Under-21 international will be coming up against the likes of Marco Verratti and Ander Herrera in midfield and will need to stay switched on, ready and alert to the threat of Tuchel’s star-studded midfield. Chalobah has started seven games this season, including the last five, and will want to show the Stamford Bridge top brass what he is capable off in what will be the biggest test of his career so far.
Ligue 1 2020/21 recent form:
- PSG: LWDLW
- Lorient: WLLLL
More live stream options:
- Downhill Domination Mobile – Download Downhill Domination Android APK & iOS February 5, 2023
- Tentacle Locker 2 Mobile – Play Tentacle Locker 2 Android APK & iOS February 5, 2023
- Football Manager 2023 Mobile Download Android APK & IOS February 5, 2023
- Transfer News: Done Deals, Fernandez undergoing Chelsea medical, Arsenal star to join PL side January 31, 2023
- Graham Potter must change Chelsea tune as defeatist attitude strikes wrong chord with fans January 14, 2023