After a sluggish start to the campaign, in which Thomas Tuchel’s side lost their opening two Ligue 1 games, the Parisians have recovered to take their habitual position at the top of the table. Tuchel will be buoyed by his side’s progression to the last-16 in the Champions League earlier this week, but he must now re-energise the troops for a crunch clash against Ligue 1’s most in-form side, with Lyon unbeaten in their last 10 games.
Where to watch PSG vs Lyon on TV:
- UK: BT Sport 1
- US: Fanatiz
Where to live stream PSG vs Lyon:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming PSG vs Lyon live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
Scoreline prediction: PSG 2-1 Lyon
PSG vs Lyon build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Just two points currently separates PSG and Lyon in the league table, with Marseille and Lille sandwiched between the duo in second and third respectively. Tuchel has already had issues to contend with this season despite the current league standings, winning just one of his last three league outings, which includes a 3-2 loss to Monaco last month.
Lyon, meanwhile, suffered defeat in gameweek three but have since responded in emphatic fashion, winning six of the proceeding 10 games and maintaining an unbeaten run in that time. They will be confident heading into this contest, but are winless in their last 12 away games against PSG in the league.
- PSG (vs Istanbul): Navas; Florenzi, Marquinhos, Pereira, Kimpembe, Bakker; Paredes, Rafinha, Verratti; Neymar, Mbappe.
- Lyon (vs Metz): Lopes; De Sciglio, Marcelo, Denayer, Cornet; Guimaraes, Paqueta, Aouar; Kadewere, Depay, Ekambi.
Mauro Icardi, Pablo Sarabia and Juan Bernat are all currently sidelined for the hosts, while Julian Draxler remains a major doubt despite returning to training. Lyon meanwhile have a clean bill of health, but will be unable to call upon teenage sensation Rayan Cherki, who saw red in the previous encounter against Metz.
Players to watch:
- PSG: Kylian Mbappe and Neymar are the headline acts for PSG, but as the old adage goes: the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. That Parisian double-act may be one of the most ferocious across the continent, but they can’t do it alone. So, one player who could have a huge say in this contest away from the superstar duo is Angel Di Maria. The 32-year-old will see his current deal expire at the end of the season but remains a prominent figure in the dressing room for Tuchel and has been directly involved in four of PSG’s last six goals against Lyon in Ligue 1 (two goals, two assists).
- Lyon: Tasked with preventing Di Maria and Co. running riot at the Parc des Princes will likely be former Man City defender Jason Denayer, who, quite incredibly, has won possession 35 times more than he has lost it in Ligue 1 this season (68 vs 33), the biggest differential in the top-flight so far. It will not be easy dispossessing PSG when Neymar and Mbappe are surging forward in full flow, but Denayer has proven that, since joining Lyon, he has the capacity to compete alongside the very best.
Ligue 1 2020/21 recent form:
- PSG: DLWWW
- Lyon: WWWWD
Live Stream Sport: Where to watch online
A wide range of online bookmakers live stream sporting events, from the world’s most popular football matches to niche fixtures you may not necessarily be able to access via traditional TV channels.
- Watch Liverpool vs Crystal Palace Live Streaming Match #LIVCRY August 15, 2022
- Watch Chelsea vs Tottenham Live Streaming Match #CHETOT #PL August 14, 2022
- Watch Lecce vs Inter Milan Live Streaming Match #LecceInter August 13, 2022
- Watch PSG vs Montpellier Live Streaming Match #PSGMHSC #FRA August 13, 2022
- Watch Barcelona vs Rayo Vallecano Live Streaming Match #BarçaRayo #LaLiga August 13, 2022