PSG vs Strasbourg
France – Ligue 1
Date: Wednesday 23rd December 2020
Kick off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Parc des Princes (Paris).
In a strange way PSG might just be happy that they are in 3rd place coming into the Christmas season. Usually they are 10 or more points in the lead and the last few seasons have seemed easy for them. This one clearly isn’t and maybe the players like that for the challenge.
PSG then come into this game in 3rd place which feels strange to think but actually they are only 1 point behind Lille and Lyon. PSG played Lille away at the weekend and drew 0-0. It was a decent point but they will feel upset as in their last few games they have struggled to have many shots on target and make an impact.
Thomas Tuchel’s side have only had 1 win in their last 3 games as they also lost to Lyon and they have been defeated four times this season. At home they have lost twice although they won their last home match by beating Lorient 2-0.
Strasbourg are down in 16th position and are 18 points behind their hosts. Form has been decent as they have picked up 8 points from their last 15 although they did lose last weekend as they were beaten by Bordeaux, at home, 2-0.
Though Strasbourg have lost 5 from their 8 away games they have won their last 2 on the road and that will be encouraging for them.
PSG vs Strasbourg: Head to Head
- Last season PSG beat Strasbourg in Paris 1-0.
- 2 of the last 3 meetings have ended in draws.
- In the last 8 Ligue 1 meetings Strasbourg has just 1 victory.
- 6 of the last 8 meetings have seen both teams to score.
PSG vs Strasbourg: Prediction
PSG have not been themselves and it was easy to see this and yet they will be around 1.25 to win and Strasbourg around 10.00.
Even when PSG have been winning games it hasn’t been by a large score and Strasbourg as poor as they have been this season have shown some fight in their recent games, and they are a club who rise to the occasion of who they are playing.
Strasbourg have upset PSG before and they will try to do the same again, and the value could be in backing Strasbourg on a handicap to get something in this midweek evening game.
Let’s not forget Kylian Mbappe for PSG who should be picked and respected as he has the most goals so far in Ligue 1 and can score at home.
PSG vs Strasbourg Betting Tips:
Handicap: Strasbourg to beat PSG with a +2 goal start at 2.00 (1/1)
Anytime goalscorer: Kylian Mbappe of PSG at 1.62 (8/13).
- Downhill Domination Mobile – Download Downhill Domination Android APK & iOS February 5, 2023
- Tentacle Locker 2 Mobile – Play Tentacle Locker 2 Android APK & iOS February 5, 2023
- Football Manager 2023 Mobile Download Android APK & IOS February 5, 2023
- Transfer News: Done Deals, Fernandez undergoing Chelsea medical, Arsenal star to join PL side January 31, 2023
- Graham Potter must change Chelsea tune as defeatist attitude strikes wrong chord with fans January 14, 2023