Senegal vs Cape Verde
Africa Cup of Nations
Date: Tuesday, 25 January 2022
Kick-off at 16:00 UK/ 17:00 CET
Venue: Kouekong Stadium.
With defending champions Algeria already out of the competition, runners-up of the previous edition Senegal have a great opportunity to go all the way in 2022. They were beaten by the Algerians for a solitary goal in the Final in 2019.
They have made it to the Round of 16 now, and have gotten themselves a rather easy opponent. Cabo Verde qualified for the knockouts as one of the best third-placed teams, and so far they have shown no indication as to their capability to move further deep into the competition.
Note that they could not even qualify for the 2019 Cup of Nations and even this time around, they barely made it to the main event.
On top of that, they also have a poor h2h record against the Senegalese over the years.
Surely expect Senegal to grind out a win this Tuesday, and move into the Quarters.
Senegal vs Cape Verde Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest meeting had ended in a 2-0 win for Senegal.
- They have a 100% winning record against this rival.
- They have kept clean sheets in every single clash till now.
- Barring one fixture, they have scored two or more goals in all encounters.
Senegal vs Cape Verde Prediction & Analysis
The Senegalese are on a long unbeaten run, and most of these fixtures had ended in wins for them. One noticeable attribute about their performances have been the quality of their defense.
Rarely do they concede goals, and it’s no wonder that they remain the only team in the competition with a perfect defensive record.
Going on, they also have a superb h2h record against this opponent.
On the other hand, Cabo Verde were winless in three of the past four fixtures, and only twice have they scored more than once in the past ten games.
Moreover, they are comparatively far less experienced and less talented than their opponents for the day, and judging all these observations, expect a win for Senegal this Tuesday.
Furthermore, considering the defense of the 2019 runners-up, and the low scorelines so far in the 2021 edition of the Cup almost for all games, expect either a 1-0 or 2-0 win for the Senegalese this Tuesday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Senegal are ranked 20th in the world, while their opponents are placed 73rd in the same list by FIFA.
- The Senegalese are the only team yet to concede a goal in the whole tournament.
- They have lost just once in the past 21 games.
- Meanwhile, Cabo Verde had failed to qualify for the 2019 Cup of Nations, while they narrowly made it to this edition of the tournament. They had won just two of their total six qualifying games this time around.
- Aston Villa Signs Barcelona Star, Chelsea To Offload Players This Summer May 15, 2022
- Experienced Chelsea midfielder pushing for transfer exit to a new club when transfer window opens May 15, 2022
- TUCHEL OUT: Three Tactical Managers That Could Replace Thomas Tuchel at Chelsea May 15, 2022
- Chelsea’s Strongest Lineup With The Addition Of Koulibaly, De Jong, And Harry Kane In The Summer May 15, 2022
- Three Best Players and Two Worst Players, as Liverpool Beat Chelsea On Penalties To Win the FA Cup May 15, 2022
Sports News14 hours ago
TUCHEL OUT: Three Tactical Managers That Could Replace Thomas Tuchel at Chelsea
Sports News14 hours ago
Experienced Chelsea midfielder pushing for transfer exit to a new club when transfer window opens
Transfer News14 hours ago
Aston Villa Signs Barcelona Star, Chelsea To Offload Players This Summer