Sheffield United vs Manchester United
England – Premier League
Date: Thursday, 17 December 2020
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Bramall Lane.
The Red Devils have been the best team in the competition in the last five match-days, with four wins and a draw. Not even toppers Liverpool, and Tottenham could boast such a record.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s men have a game in hand, and they still are just five points away from topping the table. Moreover, of the seven teams above them in standings, with the possible exception of West Ham, every other squad has a tough fixture this game week.
This is a phenomenal opportunity for the Devils, who desperately need a triumph after their elimination from the Champions League.
And this Thursday, they just could not have asked for a better match-up. They are pitted against the absolute worst team in the league – the Blades.
Chris Wilder’s men are placed 20th in the table, and they remain the only team yet to post a win on the board. In fact, they have lost all but one of their total 12 fixtures in the contest so far, and in the process they have scored the least number of goals of all the teams in the competition (just five).
Going on, like majority of teams in England, they too have a worrying h2h record against Solskjaer’s men.
As such, expect a Manchester United win this Thursday, and that too in style.
Sheffield United vs Manchester United: Head-to-head (h2h)
- It’s been five months since these two locked horns. Then, the Devils recorded a 3-0 win at home.
- They had won seven of the preceding eight encounters.
- They are on an unbeaten run against this rival in the past 28 years.
- Not once have they failed to score against this foe in the past three decades, and they have scored two or more goals in every fixture since 1993.
Sheffield United vs Manchester United: Prediction
The Blades lost 3-0 on the road the last match-day, against Southampton. In the meantime, Solskjaer’s men recorded a goalless draw at home against arch-rivals Manchester City.
Going on, Wilder’s men are on a seven-game losing run, and a 16-fixture winless run, of which an embarrassing 15 were losses. And at home, they have lost every single appearance since July, barring a draw against the struggling Fulham.
On the other hand, their counterparts had won five of their preceding six PL match-ups, and their latest league defeat on the road had come against Liverpool back in January.
As such, expect the in-form Manchester United to record a convincing win this Thursday.
Sheffield United vs Manchester United: Betting Tips
To Win: Manchester United @ 1.44 (4/9)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by Manchester United @ 1.60 (3/5).
- Watch PSV Eindhoven vs Monaco Live Streaming Match #PSVMON #UCL #PSVASM August 9, 2022
- Watch Marseille vs Reims Live Streaming Match #OMSDR August 7, 2022
- Watch Barcelona vs Pumas UNAM Live Streaming Match August 7, 2022
- Watch West Ham vs Manchester City Live Streaming Match #WHUMCI #EPL #PL August 7, 2022
- Watch Manchester United vs Brighton Live Streaming Match #MUNBHA #EPL #FPL #PL August 7, 2022