Southampton vs Leicester City
England Premier League
Date: Friday, 30 April 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: St. Mary’s Stadium (Southampton).
Southampton is edging close to the relegation zone on the table and is just nine points clear of the bottom three in the league as it stands this season. With six matches in hand, the Saints are comfortably safe this term and have nothing to play for other than pride. They have lost four of their last five matches and will visit after a 2-1 loss on the road against Tottenham last time out in their schedule.
Leicester City is at the third position on the table as it stands. The race for the remaining three spots for Champions League qualifiers will be tight this season. The away team has won three of their last five clashes in the campaign, including a double win lately. They will visit on the back of a 2-1 win at home against the likes of Crystal Palace.
Southampton vs Leicester City Head-to-head (h2h)
- The visitor has recorded three of the last five overall wins.
- None of their last five matches have ended in a draw.
- Both teams have scored in two of their recent five fixtures.
- Their previous encounter gave a 1-0 home win for the Foxes.
- The host has lost their past three clashes at home.
Southampton vs Leicester City Prediction
The last time Southampton hosted Leicester City saw the latter brag a 0-9 away win in the Premier League.
Even though a similar scoreline is not likely to happen, we can still expect a high-scoring affair in ninety minutes when the Foxes are involved in the fixture. The away team has scored 60 goals in their 33 clashes so far this season and half of them came on the road. Thus, the tip for over 2.5 goals will probably serve the purpose to yield decent returns in the clash.
Furthermore, Brendan Rodgers will lead a team that has won their last three visits to this venue. The away team holds a 26-point lead over the home team on the table as it stands. This gives a slight edge for the visitor in the upcoming clash. As such, the away win in full-time will probably be the best bet for the punters in the clash.
- Graham Potter must change Chelsea tune as defeatist attitude strikes wrong chord with fans January 14, 2023
- £71m Chelsea player is now at risk of being sold in the summer, Frank Leboeuf thinks he’s ‘shameful’ January 14, 2023
- Star To Undergo Medical Tests After £20M Bid Was Accepted, Mudryk To Arsenal Latest, Sarabia, Moura January 14, 2023
- No player has scored more goals in Europe’s top 5 Leagues than Victor Osimhen since October 16, 2022 January 14, 2023
- Chelsea set to get rid of seven players worth almost £270m as Boehly demolishes old Abramovich policy January 14, 2023