Tottenham vs Brentford
England – Premier League
Date: Thursday, 2 December 2021
Kick-off at 19:30 UK / 20:30 CET
Venue: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Brentford will travel to North London as they are set to compete in a London derby this Thursday at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Tottenham with a game in hand over the sides above them in the table should look to go level on points with 3rd place West Ham and their arch-rivals Arsenal with a win in the fixture. While for Brentford, consistency has been the main problem and they will look to win back to back league fixtures for the first time as they push for the top half of the table. Read our Preview, Predictions, and Betting Tips with Analysis here.
Tottenham vs Brentford Head-to-head
- Spurs have won 4 of the 5 EFL Cup fixtures between the sides while being forced to a replay once through a draw.
- They have kept clean sheets in 3 consecutive duels.
- 2 or fewer goals were scored in those 3 fixtures.
- The visitors have lost all their away games against this side.
Both teams won their preceding league match at home by a margin of 1 goal. While Spurs got the better of Leeds, Brentford beat Everton.
The Bees have had quite an up and down kind of a season as they have taken points from a few Premier league staples but have failed to get the better of such teams on a few other occasions disappointing their fans and neutrals alike. They are currently 12th in the table just 3 points behind their opponents for Thursday.
Spurs on the other hand failed to impress under the management of Nuno Espírito Santo by their standards both domestically and in the Conference League. They are 7th in the league with 19 points through 12 league games and second in their group in the Conference league 4 points behind Renne and level on points with Vitesse.
Since the appointment of Antonio Conte as manager, he has guided the team to 2 wins, 1 draw and a loss. He needs to better the result of Vitesse in the final matchday of the group stages of the Conference league to stay in the competition.
Tottenham vs Brentford Prediction
The Lilywhites have an impressive home record apart from their losses against Manchester United and Chelsea they have won all their games at this venue; however, I refuse to underestimate Brentford who have lost just once on the road since their promotion to the top flight. Considering that in mind I have backed an Asian handicap in their favour.
Both teams have no issues scoring and have not had the best of displays defensively during the course of the season as the away team’s last 4 games saw goals from both teams and the preceding 4 out of 5 fixtures at this venue witnessed goals from both teams. Considering the above I have backed both teams to contribute to a score line of 3 or more goals
- Nkunku to Chelsea: Why Every Chelsea Fan Should be Extremely Happy with the Deal October 6, 2022
- 2 reasons why Aubameyang will break Chelsea number 9 striker issue October 6, 2022
- Erling Haaland: Man City boss Pep Guardiola insists there is no release clause in Norwegian striker’s contract October 6, 2022
- Watch Real Madrid vs Shakhtar Donetsk Live Streaming Match #RMASHK #RealMadridShakhtar #UCL October 5, 2022
- Watch Benfica vs PSG Live Streaming Match #UCL #SLBPSG October 5, 2022
Sports News9 hours ago
Erling Haaland: Man City boss Pep Guardiola insists there is no release clause in Norwegian striker’s contract
Sports News8 hours ago
2 reasons why Aubameyang will break Chelsea number 9 striker issue
Sports News8 hours ago
Nkunku to Chelsea: Why Every Chelsea Fan Should be Extremely Happy with the Deal