Tottenham vs Brighton
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 16 April 2022
Kick-off at 12:30 UK/ 13:30 CET
Venue: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Spurs have made it a mission to secure a top-four finish, and thus qualify for the Champions League next season. They are now placed fourth in the table, and have a lead of three points over the fifth-placed Arsenal.
However, the Gunners have a game in hand, and teams like West Ham and Manchester United will not drop out of the race without giving a tough fight.
Likely, Antonio Conte’s men are under pressure to keep winning. They are at home this Saturday, and are pitted against the struggling Brighton. This team is placed 11th in the table, safe from the relegation threat, and quite below the European cut-off.
As such, they have no incentive to give their 100% on the pitch. Moreover, they also have a poor h2h record against this rival over the years.
By the looks of things, expect a win for Tottenham this weekend at their home.
Tottenham vs Brighton Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest clash had ended in a 0-2 win for the Spurs.
- They had won four of the past five clashes.
- They had scored two or more goals in four of the preceding five meetings.
- At home, they have a 100% winning record since 2005.
Tottenham vs Brighton Prediction & Analysis
Tottenham recorded a massive 0-4 win on the road the last match-day, against Aston Villa. They are on a four-fixture winning streak, and had scored a total of 21 goals from their past six games combined.
Note that they had also won seven of their former ten appearances at home.
On the other hand, Brighton did win 1-2 on the road against Arsenal. But before that, they were on a seven-fixture winless streak, and six of these were losses.
Moreover, they had also lost three of their former five road trips.
Taking into account these observations, and past h2h stats, expect a win for Tottenham this weekend in front of their home crowd.
Key Stats for Betting
- Conte’s men are the only team in the whole competition to have won the last four games in a row.
- Only Liverpool and Manchester City have scored more goals than them in home games.
- Meanwhile, Brighton have managed to post a total of just five wins on the road all through this league campaign.
- Two of their three league wins away from home since September, had come against teams currently placed 17th or below in the table.
- Watch PSV Eindhoven vs Monaco Live Streaming Match #PSVMON #UCL #PSVASM August 9, 2022
- Watch Marseille vs Reims Live Streaming Match #OMSDR August 7, 2022
- Watch Barcelona vs Pumas UNAM Live Streaming Match August 7, 2022
- Watch West Ham vs Manchester City Live Streaming Match #WHUMCI #EPL #PL August 7, 2022
- Watch Manchester United vs Brighton Live Streaming Match #MUNBHA #EPL #FPL #PL August 7, 2022