Tottenham vs Chelsea
England – Carabao Cup
Date: Wednesday, 12 January 2022
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
The Blues have already taken a commanding lead in the two-legged tie, and all they need now is to protect that lead, and they will be through to the final.
Their league campaign has been going well lately, as they climbed one spot higher to take possession of the second position. And as of now, only defending champions Manchester City are above them.
Meanwhile, the Spurs have a mountain to wade through, if they are to qualify for the title-fight.
They need to overcome a two-goal deficit, against one of the best defensive teams in England. And to make matters worse, they have an inferior h2h record against Thomas Tuchel’s men in recent years.
As things stand, expect Chelsea to have the upper hand this Wednesday at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Tottenham vs Chelsea Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest meeting had ended in a 2-0 win for Tuchel’s men.
- They had won seven of the former ten encounters.
- The last time these two squads locked horns at this ground, the guests won 0-3.
- It’s been two years since the hosts have won at this venue.
Tottenham vs Chelsea Prediction & Analysis
The first leg had ended in a 2-0 win for Chelsea at home. And with them already having a two-goal lead in the tie, odds are massively in their favor.
On top of that, they are in great form, and are scoring goals at a superb rate. In fact, just the last match-day, they had recorded a 5-1 win in their FA Cup fixture, and they had also remained unbeaten in 22 of their last 23 fixtures.
On the other hand, Spurs have had some trouble with form lately. They are finding it hard to keep clean sheets, and importantly, they have a poor h2h record against this opponent recently.
As such, expect a win for Chelsea.
However, this is the semis of a cup competition, and Tottenham will not just easily give up. They have been consistently scoring at home in the past few game weeks, and they will go after the visitors with all they have got.
This will either result in Chelsea conceding at one point in the game, or due to the relentless attacking of the Spurs, the Blues will have the opportunity to counter, and slot in some goals of their own.
As such, anticipate goals in huge numbers.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Blues have scored the most number of goals in the PL this season, with the exception of Manchester City, and Liverpool.
- They have lost just once in the past 23 fixtures, and this defeat had come against West Ham.
- Meanwhile, Spurs were winless in four of the preceding eight games.
- They had managed to keep a total of just two clean sheets from the last eight matches.
- Still, they did score two or more goals in ten of the former twelve appearances at home
- DONE DEAL: Crystal Palace Interested In Van De Beek, Inter Milan Signed Gosens January 26, 2022
- Chelsea Transfer News: Chelsea Reach Final Agreement For Bundesliga Star January 26, 2022
- Chelsea’s Next 12 PL Games And Why They Might Still Win The PL Title This Season January 26, 2022
- Watch Mali vs Equatorial Guinea Live Streaming Match #TeamMali 🆚 #TeamEquatorialGuinea #TotalEnergiesAFCON2021 | #AFCON2021 | #MLIGNQ January 26, 2022
- Watch Ivory Coast vs Egypt Live Streaming Match #TeamEgypt #AFCON2021 #TeamCotedIvoire #CIVEGY January 26, 2022
Sports News17 hours ago
OFFICIAL: Another Top English Club Sacks Manager After Run Of Poor Results, Latest Transfer Updates
Sports News10 hours ago
BREAKING; Star Player Undergoes Medicals Ahead Of Move, Latest On Transfer Done Deals
Live Streaming10 hours ago
Watch Ivory Coast vs Egypt Live Streaming Match #TeamEgypt #AFCON2021 #TeamCotedIvoire #CIVEGY
Live Streaming7 hours ago
Watch Mali vs Equatorial Guinea Live Streaming Match #TeamMali 🆚 #TeamEquatorialGuinea #TotalEnergiesAFCON2021 | #AFCON2021 | #MLIGNQ
Sports News6 hours ago
Chelsea’s Next 12 PL Games And Why They Might Still Win The PL Title This Season
Transfer News5 hours ago
Chelsea Transfer News: Chelsea Reach Final Agreement For Bundesliga Star
Sports News5 hours ago
DONE DEAL: Crystal Palace Interested In Van De Beek, Inter Milan Signed Gosens