Villarreal vs Arsenal
UEFA Europa League
Date: Thursday, 29 April 2021
Kick-Off at 20.00 UK
Venue: Estadio de la Ceramica.
It will be a special night for Unai Emery who is about to face his former team in the battle for continental glory.
The Spanish manager has been with Arsenal in the UEFA Europa League final two years ago when the Gunners suffered a tough 4-1 defeat to Chelsea.
He will now try and take Villarreal to the same place as El Submarino Amarillo play host to the Gunners in the first leg of the UEFA Europa League semifinal on Thursday evening at Estadio de la Ceramica.
Villarreal have been one of the best teams in entire Europe when it comes to continental competitions this season.
The Yellow Submarines won 11 of 12 Europa League affairs this term, including all six of home matches along the way. They easily dispatched Dinamo Zagreb in the quarterfinal and will be looking to keep such stellar form going in this semifinal tie.
Villarreal vs Arsenal Head-to-head
- Nonetheless, Villarreal will play against tradition here as they have never managed to beat Arsenal.
- The Gunners managed two wins and a draws apiece in their four clashes with El Submarino Amarillo so far.
- The two sides last met each other in UEFA Champions League quarterfinal back in 2009 when Arsenal advanced 4-1 on aggregate thanks to a 3-0 victory on the home patch.
Villarreal vs Arsenal Prediction
Arsenal showed two opposite faces in domestic and continental affairs this season. They are nowhere near the battle for European spots in the Premier League where they suffered yet another defeat on Friday evening, falling 0-1 to Everton at the Emirates.
Arteta has big serious problems with sidelined players as Alexandre Lacazette is still out with a hamstring problem, while Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will likely start from the bench after recovering from malaria.
Although Arsenal have done well on travels lately, including a 0-4 demolition of Slavia Prague in the quarterfinal, we can’t quite see them getting a result without two of their best players here.
The value is fantastic with Villarreal who are 2.45 to win the first leg.
We will also back Gerard Moreno, who notched 26 goals in all competitions this season, to score anytime at the 2.62 odds. The Spaniard bagged six goals in his last five Europa League appearances.
- Breaking: Huge Confirmed News From Chelsea In Big Boost To Fans Ahead Of Summer. May 29, 2022
- STARBOY’ Watch Thibaut Courtois Masterclass Display For Real Madrid Against Liverpool May 29, 2022
- (VIDEO) Liverpool 0-1 Real Madrid (UEFA Champions League) 2021-22 | HIGHLIGHTS May 29, 2022
- (Video): GOOAALL Liverpool 0:1 Real Madrid As Vinicius Netted Empty Net To Put Los Blanco Ahead May 29, 2022
- (Video): Karim Benzema Brilliant Goal Against Liverpool Overturned By VAR May 29, 2022
Sports News24 hours ago
Celebration at Stamford Bridge as Chelsea announce Todd Boehly’s consortium as new club owners
Sports News18 hours ago
Celebration at Stamford Bridge as Ousmane Dembélé is close to reaching an agreement with Chelsea
Sports News18 hours ago
Chelsea put Kante up for Sale amid Man Utd interest, Bayern set price tag for Gnabry
Sportsextral5 hours ago
Chelsea “Triggers A New Clause On Hazard’s” Sale. See Amount Of Money The Blues Will Receive.
Live Streaming16 hours ago
Watch Liverpool vs Real Madrid Live Streaming Match #UCLfinal #LIVRMA #UCL
Sports News15 hours ago
DONE DEAL: Six Big Announcements From Stamford Bridge For Chelsea Today
Sports News17 hours ago
Agent addresses future of £400,000-a- week star – Chelsea interested in summer deal
Sports News6 hours ago
Jamie Carragher says Real Madrid are not as good as Chelsea and Manchester City