West Ham vs Genk
UEFA Europa League
Date: Thursday, 21 October 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET
Venue: London Stadium.
Genk are struggling badly to find the right form these days. Not only did they lose 0-3 at home to Dinamo Zagreb in the previous round of the UEFA Europa League but they also suffered three defeats in the last four games in the domestic league.
The latest came on Sunday afternoon when they fell 2-0 away at Sporting Charleroi. A comprehensive home win has to be the way to go here.
West Ham vs Genk Head-to-head
These two teams did not cross each other’s paths in the recent history.
West Ham vs Genk Predictions & Analysis
West Ham United confirmed their favorite tags at the start of the UEFA Europa League campaign, beating both Dinamo Zagreb and Rapid Vienna with an identical 2-0 scoreline in the opening two games.
They will be looking to seal the top spot in Group H with back-to-back victories over Genk in the upcoming double-header against the Belgian outfit.
The visitors share the second place in the group with Dinamo Zagreb but are in a very tough position after a demolishing 0-3 defeat to the Croatian champions in the previous round.
They have thus cancelled the opening round’s win away at Rapid Vienna and need to pull off something from the following two outings against the Hammers.
It will be much easier said than done, especially if we know that David Moyes clearly takes Europa League seriously.
The Scottish manager used Michail Antonio in the starting lineup in both matches so far in this competition. The likes of Andriy Yarmolenko and Nikola Vlasic provide depth up front to replace Said Benrahma, Jarrod Bowen and Pablo Formals in the attacking midfielder spots.
West Ham are massive favorites here and they will go into the match in higher spirits following a 0-1 victory at Everton after the international break.
Key Stats for Betting
- West Ham have a perfect record of two wins in two matches so far with a goal difference of 4-0 in the process.
- They kept back-to-back clean sheets in the UEFA Europa League and they also kept their net untouched on Sunday away at Everton in the Premier League (a 0-1 win).
- Genk lost four of the last five games across competitions.
- They have failed to find the net in two of the last three matches in all competitions.
- Breaking: Huge Confirmed News From Chelsea In Big Boost To Fans Ahead Of Summer. May 29, 2022
- STARBOY’ Watch Thibaut Courtois Masterclass Display For Real Madrid Against Liverpool May 29, 2022
- (VIDEO) Liverpool 0-1 Real Madrid (UEFA Champions League) 2021-22 | HIGHLIGHTS May 29, 2022
- (Video): GOOAALL Liverpool 0:1 Real Madrid As Vinicius Netted Empty Net To Put Los Blanco Ahead May 29, 2022
- (Video): Karim Benzema Brilliant Goal Against Liverpool Overturned By VAR May 29, 2022
Sports News20 hours ago
Celebration at Stamford Bridge as Chelsea announce Todd Boehly’s consortium as new club owners
Sports News15 hours ago
Celebration at Stamford Bridge as Ousmane Dembélé is close to reaching an agreement with Chelsea
Sports News15 hours ago
Chelsea put Kante up for Sale amid Man Utd interest, Bayern set price tag for Gnabry
Sportsextral2 hours ago
Chelsea “Triggers A New Clause On Hazard’s” Sale. See Amount Of Money The Blues Will Receive.
Live Streaming12 hours ago
Watch Liverpool vs Real Madrid Live Streaming Match #UCLfinal #LIVRMA #UCL
Sports News14 hours ago
Agent addresses future of £400,000-a- week star – Chelsea interested in summer deal
Sports News12 hours ago
DONE DEAL: Six Big Announcements From Stamford Bridge For Chelsea Today
Sports News2 hours ago
Jamie Carragher says Real Madrid are not as good as Chelsea and Manchester City