Everton and Chelsea will close an exciting first Saturday of the season in the English top flight as they meet each other in the late afternoon at Goodison.
Chelsea should enter the tie as pretty big favorites, even bigger than the 1.70 odds offered for their victory suggest.
The Blues did lose important defenders Antonio Rudiger (namely) and Andreas Christensen on free transfers to La Liga heavyweights Real Madrid and Barcelona respectively, but they have managed to acquire Kalidou Koulibaly from Napoli to fill the void in the back line.
Thomas Tuchel’s team failed to sign numerous transfer targets this season after losing Romelu Lukaku, but they will managed to get hands on Raheem Sterling who could represent a fantastic addition in the final third.
It will be very interesting to see the former Manchester City winger in action on Saturday past the leaky Everton defense.
Sterling was on target in a 1-3 victory over Serie A side Udinese in Chelsea’s final pre-season check seven days ago.
Everton barely avoided the drop following an underwhelming campaign last time out since ten points from the final six rounds left them in the elite.
Nonetheless, the Toffees will enter the new season without star man Richarlison who left for Tottenham.
The list of acquisitions is by no means promising, including the likes of James Tarkowski, Dwight McNeil, and Ruben Vinagre. The Toffees may like by in for another relegation-threatened campaign.
Everton vs Chelsea Head-to-head
- Everton will try and repeat the performance from the last time when they hosted Chelsea. The Toffees won 1-0 at the start of May.
- None of the last four head to head games provided three or more goals.
- Chelsea have won just one of the previous four encounters with the Toffees.
Everton last faced Chelsea in May, with their narrow 1-0 win playing a big part in avoiding relegation.
It was a second half goal by Richarlison that secured the three points for the Toffees to claim their first victory over the Blues since December 2020.
However, the Merseyside club have taken bragging rights in a majority of their previous matches, losing only twice in the last nine matches.
Everton vs Chelsea Prediction
Although Everton scored seven goals in the last two wins in friendlies against Blackpool and Dinamo Kiev, we really struggle to see how they could stay competitive here against Chelsea.
Chelsea shouldn’t drop the ball here. We are going for the away win as the main pick at the 1.70 odds, while you can also try with Raheem Sterling to score anytime in his Chelsea debut in the Premier League at the odds of 2.75
What time is Everton vs Chelsea kicking off?
Everton are set to host Chelsea on Saturday evening, with the kick-off scheduled for 5:30pm.
Goodison Park will play host to their Premier League opener and has sold out its 39,414 capacity for the clash.
Everton vs Chelsea
English Premier League
Date: 6 August 2022, Saturday
Kick-off at 17:30 UK / 18:30 CET
Venue: Goodison Park (Liverpool).
What channel is Everton vs Chelsea on?
Everton vs Chelsea will be broadcast live on Sky Sports on Saturday.
Coverage will begin at 5pm until 8:30pm and will be shown on Sky Sports Main Event (channel 401) and Sky Sports Premier League (channel 402).
Everton vs Chelsea live stream
Sky customers can stream the match online via SkyGo which can be accessed on a web browser or through the app, which is available to download through most mainstream app stores.
Non-Sky customers can purchase a NowTV pass which will allow them to stream the action.
NowTV offers a variety of membership options including one day passes.
Everton vs Chelsea early odds
Chelsea are currently the clear favourites at 3/5, while Frank Lampard is at 19/4 to beat his former team
Meanwhile, a draw at Goodison Park is priced at 14/5.
Raheem Sterling is currently at 9/4 to score on his competitive debut.
Premier League season 2022/23 opening weekend fixtures
The Premier League returns this weekend with a full card of fixtures that kicks off with Crystal Palace vs Arsenal on Friday night.
Here is the rest of the weekend’s schedule:
• Crystal Palace vs Arsenal (8pm)
• Fulham v Liverpool (12:30pm)
• Bournemouth v Aston Villa (3pm)
• Newcastle v Nottingham Forest (3pm)
• Tottenham v Southampton (3pm)
• Leeds United v Wolves (3pm)
• Everton v Chelsea (5:30pm
- Graham Potter must change Chelsea tune as defeatist attitude strikes wrong chord with fans January 14, 2023
- £71m Chelsea player is now at risk of being sold in the summer, Frank Leboeuf thinks he’s ‘shameful’ January 14, 2023
- Star To Undergo Medical Tests After £20M Bid Was Accepted, Mudryk To Arsenal Latest, Sarabia, Moura January 14, 2023
- No player has scored more goals in Europe’s top 5 Leagues than Victor Osimhen since October 16, 2022 January 14, 2023
- Chelsea set to get rid of seven players worth almost £270m as Boehly demolishes old Abramovich policy January 14, 2023